8/31/2004

PART TWO OF DAVID LEE ROTH IN THE "LISTENING ROOM"

Back again by unpopular demand is part two of a four part interview I had with David Lee Roth, the former lead singer of Van Halen. I am playing the new “Best Of Both Worlds” best of CD that features the Dave and Sammy era of Van Halen. As Dave and I listen I get his comments on the songs.

AND THE CRADLE WILL ROCK
DAVE: This one is about babies and how I have none. The reason I don’t have any is because I’m fixed for one and because you can’t ROCK on stage and have a CRADLE at home. Are you hearing me Van Hagar boys?

BLACK AND BLUE
DAVE: In this one, Sammy is singing about how he likes to do it rough in bed and shit. I’ll bet he gets girls in bed and tells them to pull on his big Goldie Locks hair and say things like “Harder harder, you big haired fatty!”

JUMP
DAVE: It’s my number one chart topper, baby! Just try and do that Sammy, you can’t!
I bet I know the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear this song. It’s me wiping my ass with the mic stand in the video, isn’t it?

TOP OF THE WORLD
DAVE: What world are you top of Sammy? Cabo doesn’t count bitch! Any place you can be king of by drinking a grip of Tequila, is not a WORLD to be TOP OF.
Oh and Eddie, nice rip of your Jump riff.

OH PRETTY WOMAN
DAVE: I would always tell Edward, you’re halfway to a hit when you do a cover, and half way to an all day party when you have a plate of blow.

LOVE WALKS IN
DAVE: It’s too bad a producer didn’t WALK IN when Sammy was singing and tell him to shut up.
Isn’t this one of Sammy’s alien songs? I heard that Sammy is the real alien and he WALKS Into Alex’s bedroom every night to give him one of those anal probes.

BEAUTIFUL GIRLS

DAVE: Oh yes man, I love em and I need em. Too bad the only girls I get now are out of the yellow pages….um…no aaa I mean Sammy gets them out of the yellow pages, yea that’s what I heard, Sam.

CAN’T STOP LOVING YOU
DAVE: Unfortunately Sam CAN’T STOP writing songs about love. I think this one is a secret love letter to Alex.

UNCHAINED
DAVE: Oh shit, I’m off the chain and I have hit the ground runnin. This one is just about me being a bad-ass.


That was part two. Part three and four will be up soon.

(The part of David Lee Roth was actually written by Mike Seay. It’s pretty close to what Dave would say though. Only his comments would be funnier and make less sense.)

No comments: